Saturday, December 09, 2006

Roll Call

What follows is a master list of the KAL participants as of today. If your name isn't in the sidebar, rest assured it will be up there by next week. You're listed by the first project you're making for the kal. When there are at least two knitters knitting a particular style, we'll put them in their own category, just fyi. Let us know if your plans change so we can fix the master list.

We're just blown away by the number of people knitting along! Thanks for the tremendous, positive response, everyone!

Stranded in Another Galaxy Yes, it's possible!

  1. Jessica R. is making a Star Wars Hat for her son.
  2. So is Micki C.
  3. And Kim B., then she'll move on to Norwegian Stockings.



Stranded with Adrian Bizilia/Hello Yarn (Although she's somewhere else, he he...)

  1. Ashleah is knitting the We Call Them Pirates Hat.
  2. So will Emma E.
  3. And Hillary.
  4. And Melanie.
  5. And Melissa has just finished her hat!
  6. Julia M. is making We Call Them Pirates Mittens.
  7. So is Carrie W., who will then move on to Eunny's Anemoi Mittens.
  8. Sandra P. is making the Squirrel and Oak Mittens.
  9. So is Terri S.


Stranded with Eunny Jang

  1. Christine is making Eunny's Endpaper Fingerless Mitts.
  2. So is Dorre.
  3. And Emily E.
  4. And Heather.
  5. And Mandy.
  6. And Michelle.
  7. And Stacy Z.
  8. And Laura P. from Affiknity, who will then move on to Fair Isle Socks from Vogue's Knitting on the Go: Socks.
  9. And Jennie N., who will then move on to Knit Picks' Norwegian-style Telemark Sweater.
  10. Valerie is making Eunny's Anemoi Mittens.
  11. Blogless Scholastica is making a variation on said Mittens.
  12. Morgan is making Eunny's Venezia Pullover.
  13. So is Stacey C.


Stranded in the Fair Isles

  1. Tara is knitting a Yoked Fair Isle Cardigan.
  2. Gigi is making MagKnits' Fake Isle Hat.
  3. So is Monica.
  4. So is Stacey R..
  5. And Sarah G. has finished her Fake Isle Hat, and will move on to a yoked sweater, then a ski sweater.
  6. Audrey P. is making a Sampler Purse.
  7. Jodi is knitting the Fake Isle Hat and then will move on to either Elliphantom's Squirrelly Swedish Mittens, or the Kristen or Ufserud hats from Bea Ellis Knitwear.
  8. Leah is making the Fair Isle Jazz Scarf from Scarf Style.
  9. So is Wanda, who will then move on to Eunny's Endpaper Mitts.
  10. Blogless Vicki is making the Alcea Sweater from Jamieson's Simply Shetland 3.
  11. So is Anne F., who will then move on to an unspecified Sweater from Alice Starmore's Celtic Collection.
  12. Joan is knitting the Donegal Sweater from Alice Starmore's Celtic Collection.
  13. Nancy is knitting the Primrose Sweater from Rowan's Tadpoles.
  14. Barbara is knitting the unusually named Skunk Sweater from Alice Starmore's Pacific Coast Highway.
  15. Kat is knitting a Fair Isle Tam.
  16. Shirley is knitting the Prince of Wales Vest from Meg Swansen's Sweaters from Camp.
  17. Sarah C. is knitting Knit Picks' Seasonal Fair Isle Vest.



Stranded in Iceland

  1. Liz D. is knitting the Aftur Sweater from Lopi 25.
  2. Grace P. is making a Circular Yoke Sweater.


Stranded in Latvia

  1. Jan is making Latvian Mittens from Folk Mittens.
  2. So is Anne B.
  3. So is Karen.
  4. And Kim C.


Stranded in MISCELLANEOUS*

  1. Julia F. is making Brooklyn Tweed Jared's Red Light Special Hat, then will move on to Hello Yarn Adrian's We Call Them Pirates Hat.
  2. Erica N. is knitting the Greek Mittens from Folk Mittens.
  3. Pamela B. has finished her Fair Isle Wristwarmers, adapted from She Ewe Knits.
  4. Tanya has finished her Danish Mittens from Folk Mittens. She's now moved on to her own design.
  5. Caryn is making the Paradoxical Mittens by Lucy Neatby.
  6. Jess M. is making the Ullred Mittens from Folk Mittens.
  7. Audrey P. is knitting a Skull Scarf, then will move on to a Sampler Purse.
  8. Ami is making Fiber Trends' Swirl Hat, followed by MagKnits' Fake Isle Hat, then Eunny's Anemoi Mittens.
  9. Jenna is making Elizabeth Zimmerman's Arch-Shaped Stocking (also appearing in Vogue Knitting's Fall 2006 issue), followed by an Icelandic Lopi Sweater.
  10. Tiennie is knitting the Huntington Castle Pullover by Robin Melanson in Interweave Knits' Fall 2004 issue, followed by the Norwegian Mittens from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac.
  11. Adrian (Miss Hello Yarn) is making the Forest Sweater from Swedish Sweaters: New Designs from Historical Examples for her mother.


Stranded in Norway The biggest of the bunch!

  1. Chris is making the Markblomst Hat from Dale of Norway's Baby 124 issue.
  2. Agnes B. is knitting the Siren's Heart Fingerless Gloves from Norsk Strikkedesign.
  3. Nonnahs is knitting the Traditional Hat from Bea Ellis Knitwear.
  4. So is Susan.
  5. And Keri, followed by the second of her Christmas Stocking pair!
  6. Blogless Caren is knitting an unspecified Norwegian-style Hat.
  7. So is Carolyn.
  8. And Kucki68.
  9. And Lori B..
  10. And Lolly, who will then move on to Mittens, or Fair Isle Socks, or a Sweater.
  11. Tami is knitting a Norwegian Hat from Dalegarn 130; she may make the matching socks and mittens.
  12. Emily S. is making Elizabeth Zimmerman's Norwegian Mittens.
  13. So is Iraida.
  14. And Bev, who will then move on to a Yoke Sweater.
  15. Jennifer L. is making the Nordic Mittens from Interweave Knits' Winter 2004 issue.
  16. So is Tamar.
  17. So is Rebecca W., who will then move on to the Alcea Sweater from Jamieson's.
  18. Amazing knitter (you have got to see her FOs!) Marina is making the Kashmir Sweater by Dale of Norway, followed by the Alcea Sweater from Jamieson's.
  19. Blogless Elizabeth D. is making unspecified Norwegian-style Mittens and a Hat.
  20. Jen S. is making Selbu Mittens from Folk Mittens, then moving on to a Hat from Bea Ellis Knitwear.
  21. Kodachrome is making either Norwegian Stockings or Mittens.
  22. Jessica is knitting the Norwegian Stockings from Folk Socks, possibly followed by Knit Picks' Norwegian-style Telemark Sweater.
  23. Laura P. is knitting the Lotus Cardigan by Dale of Norway.
  24. Judy H. is knitting the Froya Sweater by Dale of Norway.
  25. Sonya is knitting the ever popular Ingeborg by Dale of Norway.
  26. Kirsten is knitting Knit Picks' Norwegian-style Telemark Sweater.


Stranded in Norway with Solveig Hisdal

  1. Cheryl would like to finish her Poetry in Stitches Sweater (p. 66) so she can move on to Norwegian Mittens and Eunny's Venezia Pullover.
  2. Francesca is knitting a Sweater from Poetry in Stitches.
  3. Stacey B. is knitting on her Poetry in Stitches Cardigan, then she'll move on to Adrian's We Call Them Pirates Hat, and then Eunny's Endpaper Mitts.


Stranded on their Own These knitalongers are designing their projects.

  1. Betsy is making her own design, but hasn't specified a type of project yet.
  2. Jared has finished his first, free design, the Red Light Special Hat, and is moving on to Fair Isle Gloves.
  3. Judy is knitting a Hat.
  4. Lori is making Trigger Mitts.
  5. Blog host Mary-Heather is making a Patterned Yoke Sweater, then will move on to the Mameluke Socks from Folk Socks.
  6. Blog host MJ is making a Scrollwork Hat, followed by a Sweater with Nigerian motifs.


Stranded... Somewhere These knitalongers haven't indicated a project yet.


Stranded in Turkey

  1. KAL host Andrea is making the Turkish Cape from Vogue Knitting's Fall 2005 issue.
  2. Amy P. is making Turkish-style socks and a Vest.
  3. Pat is making Anatolian Mittens from Folk Mittens.


Stranded Without A Compass Which way are you going, folks?

  1. Brigid is knitting unspecified Gloves.
  2. Bee is making either a We Call Them Pirates Hat or one from Bea Ellis Knitwear.
  3. Nova is knitting unspecified Hats.
  4. So is Mia.
  5. Jen in Chicago is making unspecified Mittens.
  6. So is Necia, who's making Gloves and a Hat as well.
  7. Laurie is knitting unspecified Socks.
  8. Jen L. is making either Knit Picks' Norwegian-style Telemark Sweater, Norwegian Mittens, or We Call Them Pirates Mittens.
  9. Erica L. is making either Latvian or Estonian Mittens, followed by either Kristen or Ufserud, hats from Bea Ellis Knitwear.


* I smell contest! Am working on the details; more later in the week.

32 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

oops! i missed the roll call! my first project is one i'm just finishing up - an icelandic yoked pullover, inspired by EZ's version from The Opinionated Knitter, but with my own yoke pattern. i guess that would make me stranded in a country with one of the lower population densities in the world - iceland

after that might be the nordic sweetheart hat.

how exciting that so many knitters have joined up!

1:06 PM, December 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MJ! You rock! Thanks for all your hard work!

And also: wow, that's an impressive list of projects!!!

1:07 PM, December 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crow! My own section!

You've got what I'm making kind of wrong (totally my fault), because I'm planning to make two things. The first is a self-designed sweater for my mom, the beginnings of which can be seen here, then Forest for myself, sometime after January, probably.

This will be the most fun knit-along to follow since the Nordic one last year!

1:59 PM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger Windansea said...

I missed roll call too - right now I'm making a scrolly-looking patterned sock, and then I've got many many colors for a fair isle project that hasn't been identified. Either way, I think I'm mostly stranded on my own!! Lydia

2:20 PM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger Marina said...

Does that mean I have to finish Kashmir before Alcea & Allover (by Starmore) ;-)

2:37 PM, December 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've made a project decision, finally - I'm jumping on the Eunny bandwagon and will knit up the Anemoi mittens.

You guys are troopers for compiling all this info!

4:19 PM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger laurie in maine said...

I'm Stranded Without a Compass, working on Fair Isle Socks without a pattern.

(Pressed my nose to the screen in order to copy one of Yarn Harlot's latest blog socks. Now into the foot section with both - first one is pictured on my blog)

Folk Socks from Estonia is on order, but without a compass, a map or much of a sense of direction...I may already be in the right group :)

5:00 PM, December 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lmfao @ the stranded without a compass remark. Hahahhaha. Necia THINKS she's making Helgi's Mittens by Nancy Bush. The pattern can be found in Folk Knitting in
Estonia. I will let ya'll know about my hat, when I'm half way through with the mittens. I MIGHT change my mind though, because I have 1 more book on the way. I plan on starting next weekend.

Necia

6:14 PM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger Agnes said...

This is such a funny post ... informative as well. Excited to see all those colourful projects ... hoping those "stranded in nowhere" would find a destination soon!

6:17 PM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger Terri said...

Woohoo... This is fun!!!

7:07 PM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger Tami said...

WOW! Thanks so much for your time this is a great list. This is lots of fun.

7:00 AM, December 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm making a pair of Selbu mittens and a pair of men's gloves from the Norwegian book Selbustrikk. And about 10,000 other things... LOL

10:33 AM, December 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *thought* I knew where I was going! I'm knitting fair isle gloves adapting patterns in Carol Rasmussen Noble's book. I'm also doing some of the Fake Isle hats. I think my course is set for Fair Isle after all.

1:46 AM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Lara said...

I will be in Eunny's group too. I will be knitting the Deep V Argyle vest! Can't wait!

9:23 AM, December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I missed roll call too! Add Blogless Martha to Stranded in Latvia, please. I will be making fingerless mitts from a design in Latvian Mittens.

Thanks!

10:52 AM, December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek! I totally forgot to let anyone know I'd posted about the challenge! Just as well though, since I totally changed my mind when I saw the new knitty. My new post's up now, and I'm knitting the Center Square hat.

9:20 PM, December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are so awesome! thanks for all your work on the kal! I was without a compass before (having never done colorwork) but right now, I am stranded with Fair Isles with a toddler hat and then will move to Turkey (with a hat from Schurch's Hats On! book. Then to Norway with Zimmermann's Norwegian Mittens. I truly need a compass to get to all of my destinations!

9:12 AM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

Just signed up, I'll be joining the Eunny Group with a set of Fingerless mitts. I just ordered my yarn today, and I can't wait to get started!

2:25 PM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Here is my blog addy which will eventually link to my web page Thanks much
http://knitting-knut.blogspot.com/

5:55 PM, December 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goals are to finish my orange Poetry in Stitches pullover and my Dale of Norway Kashmir sweater, for starters!-

7:35 PM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter said...

Delinquent Sarah P. is making self-designed mittens that lean on Nancy Bush's Folk Knitting in Estonia for motifs and techniques like vikkel braid. The ravens on the cuffs are out of my own noggin, and so is the thumb placement and design. Pictures on my blog tomorrow!

11:20 PM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger ginevra said...

Wow, what an amazing list!
Like many people, I'm stranded with Eunny Jang, making Endpaper Mitts. I'm loving looking at the different colours everyone has chosen & I can't wait to see how they all turn out ;)

red_swirl
http://www.ginevra.org/blog/

11:54 PM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger litlnemo said...

(this is Wendi)

I have been frustrated by a lack of inspiration. So to get things going, I will do another Madison's Hat or two (from the pattern on my website) -- though maybe with a different chart this time, and more than 2 colors. I'll blog it once I have enough to photograph.

Like many I am in love with the Endpaper mitts, but I don't have the yarn on hand to knit them yet. Soon, soon.

3:56 AM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger litlnemo said...

(So I am "stranded on my own" at first, then maybe with Eunny. :) )

3:59 AM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

My "Tardy to the Party: in which I finally get my act together for the Stranded KAL" post is up! I've finally decided what I am going to make and have set forth a detailed list...project decision galore over at my blog!

And a great big THANKS to all of the hostesses!

10:01 AM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger Lorri said...

An update for me. I guess I am stranded on Fair Isle with the Katherine of Aragon sweater from Alice Starmore's Tudor Roses in Jamieson & Smith yarn. I am told that my yarn will arrive in 3 to 13 days. I'm hoping for sooner!

12:00 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

finally got my yarn and started my endpaper mitts in earnest last night! yay! the holiday knitting has been very cable-heavy, so this is a nice change of pace.

i think i've put the ix-nay on those fair isle socks. will require too large purchase of yarn. so, instead, after the endpaper mitts, i believe i will remain stranded with eunny & do her anemoi mittens.

5:21 AM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger cheryl said...

Hey there! I finished that Poetry in Stitches sweater (pg 66) you can check it out at the blog or on the Flickr group. I'm finishing up some HelloYarn squirrel mittens for a christmas gift and then I'll decide what( sweater) is next. Those Anemoi mittens are pretty tempting too.
cheryl b

11:20 AM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Stella said...

An update for me as well: I'll be starting Eunny's Anemoi Mittens as soon as my Christmas knitting is done, if I can wait that long!

12:05 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Mia said...

MJ, I did pick and I sent an email out to you because I have changed by blog yet again. I should hopefully be getting started this weekend as soon as I get the other project off the needles I need. I blogged about it the other day.

2:03 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger litlnemo said...

Progress post finally up on my blog (and in the Flickr group). :)

2:00 AM, December 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there...I am at the tail end of working on my We Call Them Pirates Hatt...I got the lining left and I will be posting on my blog as soon as possible. This was a fun fun knit!

11:20 PM, January 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home