We're just blown away by the number of people knitting along! Thanks for the tremendous, positive response, everyone!
Stranded in Another Galaxy Yes, it's possible!
- Jessica R. is making a Star Wars Hat for her son.
- So is Micki C.
- And Kim B., then she'll move on to Norwegian Stockings.
Stranded with Adrian Bizilia/Hello Yarn (Although she's somewhere else, he he...)
- Ashleah is knitting the We Call Them Pirates Hat.
- So will Emma E.
- And Hillary.
- And Melanie.
- And Melissa has just finished her hat!
- Julia M. is making We Call Them Pirates Mittens.
- So is Carrie W., who will then move on to Eunny's Anemoi Mittens.
- Sandra P. is making the Squirrel and Oak Mittens.
- So is Terri S.
Stranded with Eunny Jang
- Christine is making Eunny's Endpaper Fingerless Mitts.
- So is Dorre.
- And Emily E.
- And Heather.
- And Mandy.
- And Michelle.
- And Stacy Z.
- And Laura P. from Affiknity, who will then move on to Fair Isle Socks from Vogue's Knitting on the Go: Socks.
- And Jennie N., who will then move on to Knit Picks' Norwegian-style Telemark Sweater.
- Valerie is making Eunny's Anemoi Mittens.
- Blogless Scholastica is making a variation on said Mittens.
- Morgan is making Eunny's Venezia Pullover.
- So is Stacey C.
Stranded in the Fair Isles
- Tara is knitting a Yoked Fair Isle Cardigan.
- Gigi is making MagKnits' Fake Isle Hat.
- So is Monica.
- So is Stacey R..
- And Sarah G. has finished her Fake Isle Hat, and will move on to a yoked sweater, then a ski sweater.
- Audrey P. is making a Sampler Purse.
- Jodi is knitting the Fake Isle Hat and then will move on to either Elliphantom's Squirrelly Swedish Mittens, or the Kristen or Ufserud hats from Bea Ellis Knitwear.
- Leah is making the Fair Isle Jazz Scarf from Scarf Style.
- So is Wanda, who will then move on to Eunny's Endpaper Mitts.
- Blogless Vicki is making the Alcea Sweater from Jamieson's Simply Shetland 3.
- So is Anne F., who will then move on to an unspecified Sweater from Alice Starmore's Celtic Collection.
- Joan is knitting the Donegal Sweater from Alice Starmore's Celtic Collection.
- Nancy is knitting the Primrose Sweater from Rowan's Tadpoles.
- Barbara is knitting the unusually named Skunk Sweater from Alice Starmore's Pacific Coast Highway.
- Kat is knitting a Fair Isle Tam.
- Shirley is knitting the Prince of Wales Vest from Meg Swansen's Sweaters from Camp.
- Sarah C. is knitting Knit Picks' Seasonal Fair Isle Vest.
Stranded in Iceland
Stranded in Latvia
Stranded in MISCELLANEOUS*
- Julia F. is making Brooklyn Tweed Jared's Red Light Special Hat, then will move on to Hello Yarn Adrian's We Call Them Pirates Hat.
- Erica N. is knitting the Greek Mittens from Folk Mittens.
- Pamela B. has finished her Fair Isle Wristwarmers, adapted from She Ewe Knits.
- Tanya has finished her Danish Mittens from Folk Mittens. She's now moved on to her own design.
- Caryn is making the Paradoxical Mittens by Lucy Neatby.
- Jess M. is making the Ullred Mittens from Folk Mittens.
- Audrey P. is knitting a Skull Scarf, then will move on to a Sampler Purse.
- Ami is making Fiber Trends' Swirl Hat, followed by MagKnits' Fake Isle Hat, then Eunny's Anemoi Mittens.
- Jenna is making Elizabeth Zimmerman's Arch-Shaped Stocking (also appearing in Vogue Knitting's Fall 2006 issue), followed by an Icelandic Lopi Sweater.
- Tiennie is knitting the Huntington Castle Pullover by Robin Melanson in Interweave Knits' Fall 2004 issue, followed by the Norwegian Mittens from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac.
- Adrian (Miss Hello Yarn) is making the Forest Sweater from Swedish Sweaters: New Designs from Historical Examples for her mother.
Stranded in Norway The biggest of the bunch!
- Chris is making the Markblomst Hat from Dale of Norway's Baby 124 issue.
- Agnes B. is knitting the Siren's Heart Fingerless Gloves from Norsk Strikkedesign.
- Nonnahs is knitting the Traditional Hat from Bea Ellis Knitwear.
- So is Susan.
- And Keri, followed by the second of her Christmas Stocking pair!
- Blogless Caren is knitting an unspecified Norwegian-style Hat.
- So is Carolyn.
- And Kucki68.
- And Lori B..
- And Lolly, who will then move on to Mittens, or Fair Isle Socks, or a Sweater.
- Tami is knitting a Norwegian Hat from Dalegarn 130; she may make the matching socks and mittens.
- Emily S. is making Elizabeth Zimmerman's Norwegian Mittens.
- So is Iraida.
- And Bev, who will then move on to a Yoke Sweater.
- Jennifer L. is making the Nordic Mittens from Interweave Knits' Winter 2004 issue.
- So is Tamar.
- So is Rebecca W., who will then move on to the Alcea Sweater from Jamieson's.
- Amazing knitter (you have got to see her FOs!) Marina is making the Kashmir Sweater by Dale of Norway, followed by the Alcea Sweater from Jamieson's.
- Blogless Elizabeth D. is making unspecified Norwegian-style Mittens and a Hat.
- Jen S. is making Selbu Mittens from Folk Mittens, then moving on to a Hat from Bea Ellis Knitwear.
- Kodachrome is making either Norwegian Stockings or Mittens.
- Jessica is knitting the Norwegian Stockings from Folk Socks, possibly followed by Knit Picks' Norwegian-style Telemark Sweater.
- Laura P. is knitting the Lotus Cardigan by Dale of Norway.
- Judy H. is knitting the Froya Sweater by Dale of Norway.
- Sonya is knitting the ever popular Ingeborg by Dale of Norway.
- Kirsten is knitting Knit Picks' Norwegian-style Telemark Sweater.
Stranded in Norway with Solveig Hisdal
- Cheryl would like to finish her Poetry in Stitches Sweater (p. 66) so she can move on to Norwegian Mittens and Eunny's Venezia Pullover.
- Francesca is knitting a Sweater from Poetry in Stitches.
- Stacey B. is knitting on her Poetry in Stitches Cardigan, then she'll move on to Adrian's We Call Them Pirates Hat, and then Eunny's Endpaper Mitts.
Stranded on their Own These knitalongers are designing their projects.
- Betsy is making her own design, but hasn't specified a type of project yet.
- Jared has finished his first, free design, the Red Light Special Hat, and is moving on to Fair Isle Gloves.
- Judy is knitting a Hat.
- Lori is making Trigger Mitts.
- Blog host Mary-Heather is making a Patterned Yoke Sweater, then will move on to the Mameluke Socks from Folk Socks.
- Blog host MJ is making a Scrollwork Hat, followed by a Sweater with Nigerian motifs.
Stranded... Somewhere These knitalongers haven't indicated a project yet.
- Blogless Cheryl, blogless Christene, Cindy, and Claudine
- E.J., Eliza, and Emma.
- HPNY Knits.
- Jen H., Jess, Joanne S., and blogless Julie.
- Blogless KC, Kelly B., and Kelp.
- Lara, Liz, Lorri R., blogless Lucette, Lydia, and Lyndsey.
- Marisol, Marnie, blogless Martha, and Megan.
- Sarah P., Sherry, Skylar, Stella, and Sue J.
- Brand new blogger Therese and Tiffany.
Stranded in Turkey
- KAL host Andrea is making the Turkish Cape from Vogue Knitting's Fall 2005 issue.
- Amy P. is making Turkish-style socks and a Vest.
- Pat is making Anatolian Mittens from Folk Mittens.
Stranded Without A Compass Which way are you going, folks?
- Brigid is knitting unspecified Gloves.
- Bee is making either a We Call Them Pirates Hat or one from Bea Ellis Knitwear.
- Nova is knitting unspecified Hats.
- So is Mia.
- Jen in Chicago is making unspecified Mittens.
- So is Necia, who's making Gloves and a Hat as well.
- Laurie is knitting unspecified Socks.
- Jen L. is making either Knit Picks' Norwegian-style Telemark Sweater, Norwegian Mittens, or We Call Them Pirates Mittens.
- Erica L. is making either Latvian or Estonian Mittens, followed by either Kristen or Ufserud, hats from Bea Ellis Knitwear.
* I smell contest! Am working on the details; more later in the week.