Friday, December 01, 2006

We're Stranded!


Wow! Looks like Stranded Colorwork is in the air... we have well over 100 people signed up for this knitalong so far! It has been so much fun clicking around and checking out your blogs... and adding more and more projects to my "have to knit" list! Lots of folks in this knitalong are attempting colorwork for the very first time; other participants have many beautiful sweaters, hats, mittens, and socks under their belts (and in their closets) already... I'm inspired and so happy to be involved! We (your hostesses, that is) hope that this knitalong site will be a great resource for us all. Please keep checking our sidebar; we have drop-down menus for online colorwork resources there, and we'll be adding even more links and references in the coming weeks. Do any of you have a helpful hint or favorite online tutorial related to stranded colorwork? Please let us know in the comments!


Have you all joined the Flickr group? Since MJ, Andrea, and I are going to be posting the weekly updates and other goodies to this site, we thought the Flickr would be a fantastic additional venue for all of us involved in the Stranded knitalong. Once you accept the invitation, you can contribute photos to the group pool (and leave comments on other member's photos) and participate in the discussions with questions or tips. We hope that this will give our blog-free participants a fun and easy way to share your photos and progress. For those of you who do have blogs but aren't familiar with Flickr, it doesn't cost anything for a basic account, and it is another great internet community. Of course everyone can go admire the photos at any time...

I'm looking forward to seeing all the beautiful projects we're all going to make! Thanks so much for joining, everyone. We're stranded all over the place, and it's going to be great.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Hi,
I am having some problems with flickr..I guess I signed up a long time ago but darned if I can remember my password or other info..
I got an invite in my e-mail but could not find how to accept it. lol.
I may end up having to delete my yahoo account and doing a retry..I will let you know in an e-mail if I need a re-invite..or whatever..=)

5:46 PM, December 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cool there are over 100 participants! I hope this means stranded color knitting will become more popular. I appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing for this KAL.

11:27 PM, December 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found a new online resource - Theresa at Knitty did a technique article on stranded color knitting with good photos on how to hold the yarns. Here's the link:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/FEATwin06TT.html

11:43 AM, December 08, 2006  
Blogger Liz said...

I sent an e-mail a day or two ago to join the group. Just want to make sure you got it (I promise I'm not trying to rush you!) Just want to make sure I'm all set.

Thanks!

2:06 PM, December 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just wanted to know if you're still accepting sign-ups?

Seeing as how I do have a stranded project planned - and could definitely do with the moral support ;)

Damn work that keeps me from keeping up with cool knit-alongs

2:58 AM, December 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home