Saturday, January 20, 2007

inspiring knitting

hello there! wow, sorry for the long delay in posting.. the holidays always pass like a blur, but this time january seems to be doing the same. so, until the next roll call later this week - and it's going to be a seriously juicy one - here's a sampling of some of the gorgeous knits being churned out by you great kal knitters:

stranded colorwork kal - random samplings of gorgeous knitting

1. Anemoi Mittens
2. My first sweater!
3. poetry in stitches sweater
4. squirrel mitts - frontsides
5. pirates detail
6. Mittens from Lapland
7. Anatolian Mittens
8. Icelandic Yoke Sweater 008-3
9. Endpaper Mitts
10. Completed Star Wars Cap
11. Bea Ellis Hat
12. Stockings


keep them coming!

for those of you asking to join the kal, it's not too late at all - it's just going to take a few days to get all the new names added to the sidebar, invited to flickr, and so on. welcome ;)

last but not least, check this photo out - note: not for the faint of heart if you're a first-time steeker.. yeaow!

0115-2

9 Comments:

Anonymous Chris said...

I'm still in the thinking about it stage. Sigh. But I have my project picked out. The northern lights mittens from Knit Picks. I just have to finish a red scarf and then I can start the mittens.

6:01 AM, January 22, 2007  
Anonymous Martha in Mobile said...

I thought I was going to do a pair of Latvian mittens. Somehow, I've ended up starting a fair isle chullo. So I'm stranded in either Peru or Fair Isle (or perhaps on a mid-Atlantic deserted island located approximately betwixt the two).

11:34 AM, January 22, 2007  
Anonymous Donni said...

Ok! I know! I've been lax. But seeing those beautiful photos has made me want to get out the Tiffanys again. I will. I will. I will ;)

2:01 PM, January 22, 2007  
Blogger Shirley said...

Have finished two fairisle sweaters, pictures on my blog.

http://quiltingknitter.blogspot.com/

4:13 PM, January 30, 2007  
Anonymous Brigid said...

I've changed tack somewhat and am now working on a Kaffe Fasset Persian Poppy waistcoat. It is actually stranded knitting although it doesn't really look like it.

2:02 AM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger laurie in maine said...

Second pair of "Stranded" socks just added to flicker pool and updated on my blog.

Could someone tell me if (technically speaking!) you're supposed to carry an unused color around even when it's not part of that row of colors? Is this the difference between intarsia/fair isle = Stranded knitting?

Just curious! I'll be over here hiding from the knitting police.

(blogger/google identity crisis just ate my first attempt at comments ... grrr!)

3:05 AM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Marina said...

In Fair Isle, no and according to my Dale KAL people, no for Norwegians.

3:00 PM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Rebecca said...

The best thing to do with the unused colour is twist it together at the beginning of the round with the other yarns, you can carry it up this way. I wish I did this with the bear sweater I made last year, I would have had so many ends that I wouldn't have had to sew in.

3:47 AM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger moirae said...

Is this still going on? If so, sign me up?

9:49 AM, March 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Create a Link

<< Home